Rising above your circumstances
In today’s world kids and teens are faced with many challenges that affect their general wellbeing. These include:
- Peer pressure
- Death in the family
These are just some of the things kids and teens are faced with in everyday lives. These challenges manifest as troubled behaviour such as:
To adults these challenges seem minor as we have already survived childhood. The challenges faced by adults seem so much worse.
It is important to remember that to children these challenges are being faced right now and they are very real with very real consequences.
Remember how tough those years were for you!
Adults experience the same kind of symptoms that often mask childhood experiences. You will be amazed to find just how much of your adult lifestyle and relationships are influenced by the ways we were raised. Maybe everything you are dealing with is just too much to handle and you cannot take it anymore! Adult, teenager or child, Counselling can be a wonderful experience that can help you overcome your challenges in everyday life.
using Imago Therapy
Imago Therapy: a form of relationship therapy that takes place over 12 weeks.
- It is a way for couples (and families) to talk about their problems and frustrations without “blaming” or “attacking” one another.
- (“relationship” refers to all forms of relationships such as family, romantic and friendships).
- Imago looks at and works on the basic relationship building blocks like understanding, communication and needs.
- Relationships are based on needs and the other persons willingness to try and fulfill those needs.
- The outcome of a relationship is dependent on two individuals and the dynamics between them.
- The main aim of Imago is to help couples communicate better, allowing them to address their problems
Week 1: Partner Profile.
- Looking at your individual values when it comes to what relationships should be.
Week 2: Your Relationship Vision.
- What do you want and how do you get there?
Week 3: Imago Workup.
- Phase 1 of childhood wounds.
Week 4: Childhood Wounds & Frustration.
- Phase 2: A look at how your childhood affects your relationships.
Week 5: Couple’s Dialogue.
- Improving communication.
Week 6: The Non-Exit Decision.
- Actively working against avoidant behaviour
Week 7: The Fun List.
- Time to spice things up.
Week 8: The Surprise List.
- Augmenting caring behaviours with unanticipated pleasures.
Week 9: Re-Romanticising.
-Things will never be the way they were"before" but we can certainly make them better.
Week 10: Stretching.
- Working on helping your partner heal.
Week 11: Container Transaction Days.
- Focus on healthy ways to release emotions and frustrations.
Week 12: Visualisation of Love.
- Working and Focusing on the positive changes.
Why Phoenix Counselling?
My aim is to help clients experience personal growth through various therapeutic techniques.
I assist you to find healthy ways to cope with everyday life and challenges (traumatic experience or simply everyday life) that has led to hopelessness.
I am qualified to work with adults, children and teenagers.
I believe that it is possible to rise above our challenges.
My name is Kaylee Julian and I am registered as a counsellor with the Council for Counsellors in South Africa (CCSA). In 2018 I started my private counselling practice “Phoenix Counseling.”
I completed a psychology degree in 2016 and went on to do a short practical course shortly before I opened my practice. I started out volunteering at a local recreational centre while working a part time waitressing job. I have learnt so much while working as a waitress and feel that It has strongly contributed to my counselling career because that is where I started truly learning about people, and how to work with all the different personalities out in the world.
I chose this career path when I was only 16 and it has been one difficult, but amazing journey ever since. It is so easy to get swallowed in by the noise of the world that leaves us emotionally vulnerable and insecure. We all have so much strength inside us, we have so much power that we have given away to our troubles and negative situations. My aim is to help you take back that strength and that power so that you can become the best version of yourself.
Understanding the stigma surrounded by receiving help for mental health, and our busy lifestyles, I also offer online counselling via Zoom, Skype and WhatsApp video call.
Emotional analytical therapy
Behavior and Motivation
Greif and Bereavement
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
Courses with Phoenix Counseling
Book an Appointment
Click here to follow on Facebook
Monday – Saturday: By appointment only.
- 5A Main Reef Road, Mindalore, Krugersdorp, 1739
- Click here for Directions to Phoenix Counseling
- Online sessions: International, done via various online video chat platforms.
Registered with: Council for Counsellors in South Africa.
Registred As: Counsellor
Registration No: CO 20412